It’s that time of year when it feels really good to get your hands dirty planting a container of beautiful summer annuals. (Summer officially starts today!)
Browsing through a garden center and walking among all the annuals can be inspiring, but it can also be a bit overwhelming. So, that’s why Topiarius is providing you with a free planting plan! You can enjoy the beauty AND know exactly what you need to buy.
This plan is for a 4′ x 16″ planter, but the quantities can be modified to fit another size container. We L-O-V-E our plantings to be lush instantaneously so we make sure to have enough plant material on-hand. Additionally, these plants do best in part sun/part shade.
A few tips for planting:
- Make sure your container has drainage holes.
- Use potting soil (not Chicago clay soil).
- Compact the soil a bit before and while planting so that after a few days the roots aren’t exposed as the soil has settled.
- Remember to water immediately after planting then regularly.
- For more information about these annuals visit Missouri Botanic Garden’s Plant Finder – it’s one of our favorite resources.
If you need more inspiration, you can see our other designs on our Pinterest board.
And, if you love the idea of a summer annual planting, but have no time nor interest in doing the planting . . . give us a ring. We’re happy and eager to help.
D: https://shop.romencegardens.com/coleus-solenostemon-hybrida-electric-lime-p215.aspxE: https://shopugc.com/annual-flats/