The #1 question we get is what should my budget be?
I’ll tell you this. It’s an easy answer, but it does require explanation.
You can see our answer if you skip this part and scroll to the bottom.
BUT DON’T SKIP THIS PART! HEY, COME BACK.
Craig and I had the absolute pleasure to spend time on Memorial Day weekend at a cliend home (new word for client turned into friend) for a summer kick off party. Unsolicited to a large group of party goers, our cliend said, “Having invested in my outdoor space (her back yard and rooftop), Topiarius has completely changed the way my family (of 5) lives together. It’s amazing.”
Here’s another way for me to explain. I’ve heard the following story told with a few variations, but let’s assume that while the specifics may not be 100% that the sentiment is 100% correct.
- On a lovely afternoon at a café in Paris, a woman notices that Pablo Picasso is at a nearby table.
- She musters the courage and walks over to him.
- “Excuse me Sir, would you mind sketching me something on my napkin? I’ll pay you.”
- “Of course.” says Picasso.
- He takes her napkin, pulls a pen from his shirt pocket, and draws a few lines.
- “That will be $20,000 francs.” he says.
- “What?! You only spent 5 seconds on it?” she says incredulously.
- Picasso responds, “No Madame, I’ve spent 30 years on this.”
When you are looking for a luxurious outdoor oasis, a sanctuary at your own home, you will have to understand budgeting and expenses. But, friends, you’ll also have to understand that good design, quality installation, exceptionally kind and honest staff are not just fine-tuned overnight. They take time, energy, and lots of work to manifest and develop.
So, dig into our Budget Calculator and get a sense of what we suggest as starting points. Our goal is that these amounts kick-start conversation getting us on the same page from the very beginning. (I know, right? We are all eager to get your project started as quickly as possible. So let’s not waste time!)
If you’re interested in booking a call with us to talk through finer points, then let’s do it. Contact us today.
P.S. Continue reading our posts. We’ve got some great posts about value, investment, planning, and understanding our industry. Our goal is to always educate and make sure we can answer all your questions.
I recommend these posts to get started: