Form and Function: Blending what looks stunning with what is comfortable. Combining inspiration with practicality. Merging style with affordability. Making outdoor space into living space.
Our goal as a full-service landscape design firm is to provide our clients with designs that embrace both form and function. It is important that our client’s wishes and wants are met with creative design in a collaborative environment. It is important that when you walk in your front door, step out on your roof deck, or pull into work, that you’re not only pleased but you are inspired and delighted.
Our Design Process in 4 Steps
01: Consult (Complimentary)
- Visit with the client at the property or the Topiarius office.
- Discuss the scope of the client’s landscaping project.
- Evaluate complexity and magnitude of the client’s landscape project. Large projects require a design retainer. Small projects do not.
- Collaborate with client. After an initial design is created, our clients have the opportunity to provide their feedback and ask questions. For larger projects, this process may repeat.
- Create a computer generated landscape plan that belongs to the client. Topiarius Designers also provide a proposal for completing the installation. Should our clients choose to move forward with us, we will provide a contract.
- Ask that our clients share our name with friends, family, and acquaintances who are looking for landscape Designers. (We’ve just celebrated turning 10 years old; we’d love to have another 10 or more!)
Our Installation Process in 5 Steps
01: Cross and Dot
- Generate a contract for each of our projects. This needs to be signed prior to work commencing. The contract outlines all the details of the project based on the design (such as the materials and the scope of labor) and the payment schedule (due upon completion, deposit, or progress payment).
- Determine start date and put the client’s project on our schedule board. The installation season is typically April – November, but whether dependent, installations can be worked on December – March. Spring and early Summer are busy months and demand is high so we work as best we can to accommodate everyone’s schedule.
- Understand details. The coordination of all installations is done by a team of Topiarius members: Designer, Operations Manager, and Crew Leader. Our Designers are present as needed to make sure the vision of the plan is full-filled and make any design changes. Our Operations Manager oversees the day to day installation of the whole project, while working directly with the on-site Crew Leader.
- Be courteous. When we are working in confined and populated areas, like the city, as a courtesy to your neighbors we will place a “Sorry for the Inconvenience” card on their vehicle or door, so if they need our trucks to move they know who to contact.
- Explain expectations. In the midst of demolition and construction, certain questions and concerns may arise from our clients as well as from our staff. Whether questions revolve around unexpected dilemmas or detail specifics, we want our clients and our staff to discuss solutions. We understand that it is in our best interest to provide quality customer service and having our client’s as partners in this process has proven to be invaluable.
- State the obvious: Enjoy the finished product!
- Ask that our clients share our name with friends, family, and acquaintances who are looking for landscape design and custom construction. (We’ve just celebrated turning 10 years old; we’d love to have another 10 or more!)